Thursday, January 15, 2009

2009 Scratch Off List

Its day 15 of 2009 and I have yet to take the time to make a list of my goals. I do most of my thinking while driving or in the shower and, unfortunately, as much as I do while driving, journaling is not one of them nor is my workout spiral waterproof. I'm just flying by the seat of my pants and taking care of things I think I might want to accomplish this year. Sounds like a firm plan of action right?! Ha…

Baby steps - I made it firm when I registered for the CrossFit Regional Games, AKA – The SWQUAL. Competing in the CrossFit Games has been a goal since I attended my cert in Cali last summer (Amazing Trip!). This year there is a regional qualifier where as last year was an open free for all. Shows you how much the sport of fitness is growing! So I'm signed up…big deal, so are thousands of other so-called athletes. I'm not sure how it's going to go down, but what I do know is that I'm no where near fast enough, strong enough, or coordinated enough to walk away as one of the top 5 female athletes in the southwest region….

Not YET that is…

The clock is ticking. Exactly 106 days, that's 15 weeks. Seriously, I'm obsessed and all consumed with planning my training, my meals, and the balancing act I'll need to perform daily to get there. I obviously put a lot of mental energy into this. Like Jolie, Nicole, Eva T., Annie, and Carey I want to be super human, I want to do the impossible!

Off-the-cuff, here is the list of things I plan on accomplishing in the next 15 weeks:

-Muscle Ups - I'm close. I did a wimpy one but I think I used too much jump to hoist my way up
-250 lb back squat-last PR was at 200
-200 lb Dead Lift - I'm really close
-Paleo 7 days a week
-Sub 4 minute FRAN
-5 mile run with ease - These legs were built for strength, not speed!
-20 Pull ups in a row....Every time!
-"GRACE" - I'm ashamed to admit I've never attempted this WOD.
-"MURPH" - Just the thought makes me want to grab
Pukie and shake him!

I've got some work to do!

My plan of attack so far is Nutrition and CrossFit. My Fuel - One cheat meal a week rather than my normal eat everything in site on Saturdays and Sundays. My Acceleration - Follow Coach's work out of the day as Rx'ed on CrossFit.com. I’m logging all my info on CF CP’s forum. I welcome my peers to check in on me. It will keep me on my toes!

1 comment:

Roland Lance Cantu said...

Hey Nikki, just came across your blog, great stuff. Best of luck in training for the Games. I am right there with on that.