Monday, March 16, 2009

It Moves Me

Its a question used on every CrossFit affiliate site at least once. What music moves you? Do you have a favorite song for your workouts?

I have an entire playlist of songs that get my body moving in the right direction, but today the ultimate....Joan Jett's Bad Reputation came on and I was off! I replayed it a few times grinning ear to ear and probably singing out loud.

Here is the best part....

I started CrossFit with a consistent 10 minute mile. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these legs were built for strength, not speed. But today I took 5 minutes off my 2 mile run. I haven't run in weeks. Its really not something I train as much as I should. Check it out, this stuff is so good I took minutes off my run by lifting weights. Crazy. I love the science behind the moves!

P.S. Scooby & the Gang are working hard to get to know me. Keep it up Velma, your detective skills MOVE ME!

2 comments:

Kimber never Kim! said...

I liked the mix on Wednesday! I need to make my self start running (more than at class) & figure out what music gets me pumped...

Nikki said...

The techno girly mix...I'll try to get some updated songs. I'm sure Jordan and Scott will love that!