Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Take Your EXCUSES and SHOVE 'EM!

I saw this on another CrossFit coach's blog and loved it. I don't want to hear excuses!

Compliments of Harbor City Crossfit.

Our clients get it. These people don't. As compiled from the CrossFit.com message boards. (with rebuttals)

1) “It's too hard” (Is anything worthwhile EASY?)
2) "I don't have the time" (Huh? In the time it takes you to finish this you could have done 50 squats)
3) "I want to get in shape before starting a program like that." (Obviously lame, how do you propose to get started?)
4) "Dude, that workout would kill me." (Being fat and sick won’t?
5) "I'm sure I'd lose size if I did that." (What size, Arnold?)
6) “It costs too much” ( The workouts are FREE, Great coaching is what you pay for)
7) "It's too intense for me." (Yep. Probably is. That’s the POINT)
8)"Lifting that much weight is unsafe." (So is sex and skydiving)
9) "You have to be very careful doing dead lifts and squatting that low" (No, you should be CAPABLE, not careful)
10) "You'll throw up if you go that hard, that fast." (Maybe, but probably not, and if you do, SO WHAT?)
11)"I can't do 100 PULLUPS” (All at once? neither can we)
12)"looks like a fad" (So did the Internet)
13) "I heard that stuff was dangerous" (you HEARD that? From who?)
14) "I don't want/need to be stronger, I just want to be healthy by running and going to spin class" (You DO want and NEED to be stronger - running and spinning do the opposite)
15) "I need to quit smoking first." (You’re right!)

2 comments:

mikef said...

Compelling and rich

Nikki said...

16) "I just had a baby" (...Congrats, now you have twice the motivation as the rest of us)