Saturday, May 2, 2009

**UPDATE** CrossFit Southwest Regional Qualifiers


WOD 1:
3 Rounds
10 Squat Cleans to Overhead #105
500m Row

Holding on to the top 5 Baby!

Next WOD, 50 Chest to Bar Pull ups, 50 Burpees.

***UPDATE***

After the thunder storm delay I hit the Pullup Burpee WOD. Still raining, I taped the bar, my hands and had to use half a block of chalk. My pull ups were literally one at a time. With Scott screaming at me on every rep, I finished the WOD with a time of 9:06. Holy Moly I am in 5th place at the end of day 1 and Scott is losing his voice! They even interviewed me for the dot com, so awesome!!! I don't know if it will ever be posted, but I sure did feel special for 5 minutes. I cannot explain how excited I am, but more than that I am flipping nervous. They are only taking the top 5 to Cali for the games. Being in 5th place with 1 WOD to go, I have no wiggle room. In true CrossFit fashion I have to give it my all and nothing less.

Third WOD
21-15-9
Box Jumps 26" BOX- CRAP!
KB Swings
Sumo Deadlift High Pull #65 - Hell ya!

I have a raised bruise on my knee and I think my chin is bruised from hitting my chest to the deck during those intense burpees! Good news is, I didn't rip my hands or slip off the bar like many others did. Extreme sport......I LOVE THIS STUFF!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WoW!!!! What an exciting day. Best of Luck today and tomorrow!

Peyton Knippel said...

Thats awesome!! Keep it up. Good luck. I can't wait to see the results!