Friday, July 25, 2008

Trying New Things

Last week a friend of mine invited me and a few friends out to CTC, Competitive Training Center for a bootcamp style workout. I'm always up to try a new workout or trainer so I was excited to be there. I took a little grief for wearing a CrossFit T-Shirt, but I had to represent! I kept hearing whispers from the trainers, "Crossfit This sps pspp spsps...CrossFit that...." They quickly realized my friends and I were not there to play with the 3 lb med balls and baby kettle bells, but after an hour and a half my butt was brutally kicked. It was a different kind of work out, but still an ass whoopin'! The trainers there were great. Thanks guys!

Look we made the news!! CTC on KVUE

Here are some screen shots.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very interesting and informative! Motivating to take time to re-evaluate, take charge and take a new direction. Time for big changes and new attitudes. Sounds like you had a weekend to remember....and who is the guy?staff, client, boyfriend?
Keep the information & motivation coming.

Nikki said...

Tricia,
Glad you found my blog informative. Maybe you can try CTC or a crossfit affiliate. Are you from Austin? Cedar Park?
I'm not sure where the assumption that this was a weekend to remember came from. It was just a quick drop in on a fun work out. Nothing really life changing. The guy in the pictures is actually a member at the gym I train at. He and I tend to compete against each other in the crossfit workouts. Tuning into the competitive nature is the best way for me, personally, to drive through the workiouts with the upmost intensity.

Thanks for checking out my blog.

Unknown said...

I am fairly new to the Austin area & live close to the lake. Still finding our way around & finding activities we like to become involved with. Found this gym on a search. Your cert weekend just sounded like it was very "intense"?? More fun than I could handle at this time. Maybe in the future. I know diet is a big thing we need to change & there are so many "plans" out there.

Good luck.

Nikki said...

CrossFit can be as "intense" as you make it. We are all on different fitness levels. I've been working with clients of all ages ranges (8-60), injuries, fitness backgrounds or couch potatoes. They can all do the same work out, but at scaled intensities. Everyone is getting the results they came for; weight loss, muscle gain, cardiovascular endurance or maybe to be a better athlete.

If this is something you are interested in let me know or just come by the gym. We offer a free one day trial.

Nikki said...

Tricia,

Just curious, how is your current Fitness plan working for you? Which direction did you choose? There are a lot of options out there. Are you satisfied with your results?