Saturday, October 25, 2008

Delicious and Nutritious

I just made this for lunch and it was better than anything you could get at a restaurant! It was so colorful I had to snap a picture of it. It was so good I had to blog about it.

Here's my recipe. Its 100% Paleo (I think, I'm still learning!)

Ingredients
2 tbsp Almond Paste (I make this weekly and keep it in the fridge)
1/2 Bell Pepper (any color)
5 thin slices of Zucchini
1 cup of shrimp (already cooked cocktail shrimp from the freezer isle works)
1/4 c Angel Hair Shredded Cabbage
Your favorite spices

Sauté the Zuc's in a pan (I sprinkled garlic salt on them) for a few minutes.
Remove Zuc's and add shrimp to pan (I seasoned them with Cayenne and garlic powder.)
Spread the Almond Paste inside the de-seeded bell pepper half then place Zuc's over paste. Next add the raw shredded cabbage inside the bell pepper. Top with hot seasoned shrimp. Now take a big bite and enjoy all the different flavors!

Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Serves 1


Recipe for Almond Paste:

Ingredients
1 Bunch Parsley
1/2 cup sliced almonds
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp olive oil

Instructions
Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend to form a smooth texture. Or place all ingredients into a small/medium bowl and use an electric blender.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Servings: 4-ish

No comments: