Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Smokin' Hot Wife

Meet Tina. I first started training Tina in March of 2008 at my first trial bootcamp. When I started at Tillman's, Tina made the CrossFit transition with me. She went from stability balls and target training to the lean and mean workout of the day. Like anyone new to the CrossFit Program, Tina researched the website, watched the videos, and probably wanted to crawl back under the covers at 5am on her first day. After just one month of CrossFit, The Zone Diet, and Advocare Tina lost an inch off her waistline and trimmed her entire body. Little did she know how much this would change more than just her body.
Tina is the mother of 2 and a very devoted wife. I asked her to answer a few questions for me so I could feature her on my blog. She took that and ran! Here are her thoughts....


After becoming a mother and pouring my heart and soul into my family, I found that I had nothing left for myself. CrossFit began as something I could do for ME. I simply wanted to lose weight and love the woman I saw in the mirror again. I found, however, that CrossFit could benefit me as well as my family in more ways than I'd ever imagined. It became the most powerful tool I have for reclaiming the mentally and physically strong woman I'd lost.

In the beginning, CrossFit workouts seemed so daunting that I didn't believe I could get through one. I now understand that practically anyone can do this. The workouts still seem intimidating, but I know that I can do it. All I have to do is push on and reap the benefits.

After just a few workouts my energy soared and now, I'm hooked for life. I love the atmosphere of working out with other individuals who are serious about their workout. I'm leading by example in my effort to raise healthy, active children, I'm putting on muscle to prevent the osteoporosis that runs so prevalently among the women in my family and I can, not only keep up with a three and five year old all day, but I still have something left for my husband when the day is done. The results have been tremendous in every aspect of my life. I am truly happy with me and that directly effects my family and friends.

With having my tailbone broken twice, the need for physical therapy on both hips and surgery on my wrist, I had a ton of excuses for my once sedentary life and weak, overweight body. NO MORE EXCUSES!!! A good CrossFit butt kick'n is the very best medicine for practically any ailment. Aches and pains associated with previous injuries are just a memory and with continued hard work I expect EVERYTHING to keep getting even better. I am so thankful, Nikki, to have you as my guide as I strive to transform my life. I've learned so very much from you. Now, I am well on my way to becoming a "Super Mom" and a smok'n hot wife.

I wanted to know about Tina's favorite workout….

A core workout is my favorite because a strong core makes such a huge difference, not only in other exercises but also in just moving about through your everyday life. Besides, who doesn't want to have a sexy stomach!?! The exercise that I've had the most fun with would have to be handstand push-ups using the rubber bands. I may look a little crazy, upside down and suspended by rubber bands, but who cares when you're having that much fun.

And here was the result of Tina writing her own feature story...

This was quite helpful. Answering these questions helped me to remember why I got started in the first place instead of dwelling on the short term goals I'm struggling to reach. I forget sometimes to step back and look at the big picture.

Tina, I’m so proud to be your trainer. Your motivation and drive are contagious. You are a SUPER MOM!

Halloween 2007----Halloween 2008

No comments: